Tuesday, 27 November 2012
Wednesday, 21 November 2012
I was reading Oh Joy! blog yesterday and tested this new app called Luvocracy that she has recommended. It is at its infancy stage (only launched a few weeks back). It's very similar to Pinterest where you pin stuff that you love, but in this case, you pin stuff that you would recommend for others to shop. It's like making a catalog for various items that you think it worthy of your taste for others to consider purchasing.
Luvocracy is about -
1. Recommending products that you really admire
2. Adding stuff that you love to your collection for others to see and shop
3. All stuff are available for purchase via Luvocracy
4. When you buy something recommended by someone, you get to thank that person and also help that person to earn rewards.
I have added some products, mainly fabrics (for now) from various online shops that I have been admiring both local and abroad. Some of the fabrics that I have recommended on the website are fabrics that I hope to purchase to add to my existing collection.
This is an exciting concept and it'll be interesting to see how it pens out - do test and check out Luvocracy. I would be interested to hear what you think about this new concept.
Monday, 19 November 2012
I was going through my fabric box and I found these beautiful Japanese prints. They were gifts from my brother when he traveled to Japan many years ago. There are many beautiful Japanese fabrics out there but I have always found it a struggle to use such distinct and beautifully printed fabric.
The questions I constantly ask myself when I start on a new quilt are:
1) How do I best showcase the fabric?
2) What pattern/design would best bring out the prints?
3) To whom would I use this fabric for in a quilt?
At the moment, I am still searching for a design that I could incorporate these lovely fabrics as part of a quilt. I am hopeful that some day that inspiration will come.
Friday, 9 November 2012
I have been...
* Chain sewing
* Trimming endlessly to 3.5" x 3.5" HST
Currently I am still trimming endlessly.
"Patience is a Virtue"
Friday, 2 November 2012