Pages

Monday 3 December 2012

Fabric Love #3

Dresden quilt
I have selected shades of yellow, orange, pinks and red fabrics  for a Dresden quilt that I am going to make next.  The fabric consist of designers such as Heather Bailey's Nicey Jane and Bijoux, Denise Schmidt's Hope Valley, Amy Butler's Midwest Modern and Daisy Chain, and Volari Wells' Nest.

Mood board
The Dresden quilt was one of the most popular design during the 1920's - 30's.  It's been one of my 'To do' list of quilts after seeing a contemporary example in the book Material Obsession.  Above is a mood board that I put together for some inspiration and ideas for the quilt.

Dresden Quilt
As I have finished Surprise Quilt no.2 I have started on the background fabric for the dresden plates on the weekend.  So far it's looking as I have planned it to look and I have tried my hand at paper piecing (my very first time).  It took a little experimenting and getting my head around paper piecing but eventually I go there.  Here's hoping to get as much done so that I could hand stitch the dresden plates onto the background fabric whilst on holidays.




No comments:

Post a Comment