Pages

Monday 21 January 2013

Summer Loving Work In Progress

I picked up my Summer Lovin' quilt yesterday after leaving it undone for close to three months.  I had to put it on hold to make way for the Swoon quilt and Childhood quilt.
Now that summer is here, I am hoping I'll get it done by end of the month (fingers crossed).
Hand quilting is a slow but therapeutic process.  It produces an organic feel to the quilt which I think adds to the overall look to the quilt.
Hand quilting can feel overwhelming at the beginning but once you get into the rhythm of it, it is not as daunting as it seems.  I have attached a tutorial on hand quilting by Sarah Fielke on my last blog, do check it out.  I have done my hand quilting a little differently, I don't use a quilting loop but spread out the basted quilt on my dinning table.  So far it has worked well on big quilts like this.  However, I am going to try hand quilting with the quilting loop at some stage this year.

In the meantime... Happy Quilting!
p/s:  I have found a new love - Instagram (I am a little slow in catching up with things like these).  You can follow me at http://instagram.com/bind_quilts


2 comments:

  1. You quilting looks so perfectly even, Jacqueline. The colors are lovely together - a perfect summer quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt is lovely. I love California Girl! I have a handstitched quilt in the works, but haven't quite gotten to the quilting stage yet :) It's nice to hear there's a rhythm to it once you get over the fear!

    ReplyDelete